Beach House Notes
Welcome to the beach!
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- We will give you the garage door code. It will be a number +Enter
- Wifi Info is on the back of the modem in the entry.
The Network is 527Bayview Password: bay27view
- Parking is permitted in the assigned space (527), in the garage and in the area immediately in front of the garage door. Please park in these spaces only. Cars parked improperly will be towed.
- Please be aware that the area in fron of the building is a driveway. Children playing there must be mindful of the cars .
- Trash day is Monday morning.
- Recycling bins for glass and aluminum are located inside the fenced area in the parking lot.
- Do not put paper, plastic or cardboard in the recycling cans or the city won’t pick it up.
- The plants outside would appreciate a drink of water during your visit.
- Murphy’s on Bay Blvd., while convenient, can get expensive. For big shopping on the Island, Acme is better. The best fresh fish is at Pearl Street Market (about 4 blocks south on the Blvd.). Also good – The Boathouse (2 blocks north on the Bay).
- There are condiments and spices in the kitchen. Please feel free to use them.
- The kitchen trash can slides out from the last cabinet across from the fridge. There is a recycling can in the laundry room.
- There are two Air Conditioning control panels. The unit near the phone on the living room level controls the top two floors. The unit in the front hallway controls the bottom two floors.
- Closing the blinds on the big windows in the living room saves a lot of energy (and makes it easier to see the TV, too.)
- Please feel free to use the beach chairs in the garage. There is some crabbing equipment and toys, too. Crab bait is available at Morrison’s Marina store 2 blocks north.
- There is a red wagon in the garage for your use. If you take it to the store, please use the lock. The combination is 2162.
- The outside shower is located right outside the garage door.
- There is NO Smoking allowed in the unit. Please use the front or rear decks.
- Use caution when using the gas grill. Turn it off at the main tank when not in use. Propane refills are available at the Getty station.
- There is an iron and ironing board in the Master Bedroom closet.
- There are baskets of little soaps, shampoo, conditioner, etc. in the Master Bedroom linen closet.
- If you move furniture around, please put it back in its' original spot.
Here are a few of our favorite things to do and places to go:
Pearl Street Market – Gourmet market at Pearl Street and Bay Blvd. Coffee, bakery, fresh fish, take out and cheeses. The best breakfast To Go around. They also deliver to the beach. Worth a visit.
Hand’s – As close to a general store as it can be. Perfect for anything you might have forgotten. Open most nights till 10.
The Gables on Center Street - For a special night or a great, relaxing, grown up breakfast our first choice is The Gables. Sondra & Steve (the owners) will do whatever they can to make sure you have a great time. Dinner is an event – it can take up to 3 hours but it’s a lovely evening. Breakfast has live, easy music with no one rushing you along. It’s BYOB and not as expensive (or formal) as it looks.
Bistro 14 – At Bay Village above the fudge shop. Great for lunch or dinner. Wonderful raw bar and a view of the Bay. BYOB.
The Chicken or the Egg – Open 24 hours during the summer. Good breakfast – great wings.
The Boat House – The lobster bake in a can to bring home and cook is really good. Great for dinner but also the best fresh seafood market nearby. Located across from The Ketch on Centre Street. BYOB
Harvey Cedar’s Seafood Co. Center St. Bayside. Good steamed or broiled fish, excellent for raw clams and oysters. Bring beer and put it on ice while you eat at the counter. Not glamorous but good food and sort of retro.
Holiday Snack Bar – Popular with the locals and a tradition for many families. Stop in for a burger or a piece of their famous cake.
The Engleside Inn – For Sushi (try the Creamy Crab Roll!), Dinner- prime rib. The Sandbar- out back for drinks or lunch. Live music.
Pinky Shrimps – The best take out seafood at a decent price.
Italian Food – Stefano’s and Le Dolce Vita (the best).
Best Dinner with Kids – The Marlin (Check out the "Kids Eat Free" deal)
Ice Cream – Barry’s Do Me a Flavor, Centre Street
Best Cake – Holiday Snack Shop, Centre Street
Best Grown Up Bar – The Black Whale
Best Not-So-Grown-Up Bars – The Sea Shell and The Ketch
Best Elephant Ears (a tradition) – The bakery at Bay Village on the Blvd..
Best Pizza – California Grill or Bay Village (huge single slices).
Best Italian Food – Stefano’s and Le Dolce Vita (the best).
If you need to contact us please call 267-246-2714 or 267-275-3933.
If you leave a message we will call you back as quickly as possible.
Have a great vacation!
- If there are dishes in the dishwasher please turn it on.
- If you moved furniture please return it to its' original location. Our cleaners charge for moving furniture and we will have to deduct that cost from your security deposit.
- Please empty wastebaskets and take the recyclables out..
- Check the drawers and closets for your personal items.
- Don’t forget your cell phone charger!
- If the sheets from the linen closet were used please put them in the washer and start it and leave a note.
- If there is anything that needs to be fixed or corrected, please leave us a note.
- If you have any suggestions for making the condo a better vacation spot, let us know that, too.
- Leave a note in our Guest Book. It’s our favorite part of your vacation.
- Start planning your next week at the beach.